For two years I've wanted to hear it.
I was hungry to hear it.
Starved actually.
Everything I did in my life was motivation to hear the words.
And this year, it finally happened.
Not to my ears, but to the phone of my best friend in the whole entire world.
For two years, my motivation in life to either look good or smell good or whatever was to have him admit he missed me.
And finally, it happened.
Becca hadn't talked to Gordon since the horrible graduation party.
That was over a year ago.
Randomly he texted her, the same night she texted me telling me she had a realization.
It was God or something.
She realized how much it hurt her to see her friends still friends with her ex.
She realized how horrible it must have been for me.
But he texted her that night, complaining about Laura, and saying he wanted to break up with her.
"I miss Jane," he says.
After two years, he finally admitted it.
I'm not crazy.
I missed him too.
But it might be too late.
But hearing this right before I go to school, I don't know how to handle it.
I really just wanted to put him behind me.
But maybe he's so significant that I can't do that.
It's just so confusing.
I'll always love him, but the second we hang out all of my feelings would come back.
Becca even bitched him out afterwards.
She told me she promised herself she wouldn't tell me that but because I was in such a good spot she thought it was okay.
I just can't believe it.
I wanted to hear that for so long.
I'm not crazy.
And it feels so good to know that I'm not crazy.
Whatever happens, happens right?
No comments:
Post a Comment