Irony.

Irony.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Trouble In Paradise

It still stuns me.
She asked me to hang out.
My immediate reaction was no, I don't want to.
Because she hangs around with him.
And I can't handle that.
But I did it anyways, knowing it was the right thing to do.
Naturally we went out to eat, and our old friend Katie came along.
She is soon to be a freshmen.
As Becca talked about her working with her ex, I decided to speak.
I told her how nice he usually is to me at work, but how terrible he was to me at her grad party.
I soon found out why.
Becca did not know that he was going to be there.
But he knew I was going to be there.
And so did Laura.
Apparently she was really pissed he was going to his ex girlfriends best friends house.
Not only that, but that I was going to be there.
But even though she was mad, he went anyways.
Why did he go?
My immediate reaction to this?
He went because I was going to be there.
Whether or not this is true doesn't matter.
The point being he went to my alleged best friends house.
He probably claimed that he didn't know I was going to be there.
But honey, if your girlfriend knows this, you definitely did.
To be honest, my stomach flipped.
One because she thinks of me as a threat, and two I felt bad.
I don't want to be the reason their relationship goes south to be perfectly honest.
I felt bad.
Even though I shouldn't.
So hence the nastiness.
And I'm sure he'll continue with this dramatic attitude at work.
Why can't we just be friends?
This is stupid.
I just want to be friends.
Because to be perfectly honest, I just want my friend back.

I'm keeping my distance.
I've just been too hurt.
I'm done.
And the funny part was that discussing Mary wasn't painful at all.
That has to be saying something.
I mean really.

No comments:

Post a Comment