Since we went our separate paths
I've hit a couple of snags
That remind me of the past
I cant front I'm having a blast
But damned if I ain't afraid of how long its gonna last
Sitting here wishing we could kick it
Give me your opinions I do miss the criticisms
I didn't mean to be distant
Make a visit
I'll wait up and keep the coffee brewing in the kitchen
But who am I jokin' with?
Theres no way that you and I will ever get to re-open it
It doesn't matter this is more than love
And maybe if I'm lucky, get to see you out the corner of yesterday
And this basically sums up my feelings...
And when you left I didn't see it coming
I guess I slept it ain't like you was running
You crept out the front door slow
And I was so self-absorbed I didn't even know
And by the the time I looked up, it was booked up
You put it all behind you, the bad and the good stuff
A whole house full of dreams and steps
I think you'd be impressed with the pieces I kept
You disappeared but the history is still here
Thats why I try not to cry over spilt beer
I can't even get mad that your gone
Leaving me was probably the best thing you ever taught me
I'm sorry, it's official
I was a fistful
I didn't keep it simple
Chip on the shoulder, anger in my veins
Had so much hatred now it brings me shame
Never thought about the world with out you
Yesterday, Atmosphere
I think it's great how you used to be great
I can't hate how you choose to relate
But I know you had the potential
I understand why you wanted to let go
A lot of pressure in the middle of those shoulders
And we ain't gettin nothing but older
Ain't nothing change but the day we run from
But nobody knows that better than you
Puppets, Atmosphere
Now all my friends are famous
It's either one thing or another
They all don't know what my name is
Probably know both of my brothers
Trying To Find A Balance, Atmosphere
No comments:
Post a Comment