Irony.

Irony.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Finally, Finally

I was walking through the halls today on the fourth floor of the James.
I looked outside for a second.
It was dark, gloomy to some, snowy, and it just looked cold.
For that second it looked like it was a different time.
Like it was the 20's or something.
The church's, the old houses.
You couldn't tell it was the ghetto because of the snow hiding it.
I liked it.
But I felt different too.
I felt happy.
I felt warm inside.
I felt loved.

Usually at this time of year, (at least historically), I get depressed at this time of year.
But this year, this isn't the case.
I have someone holding me up.
Someone carry me when I'm weak.
Someone be there cheering me on when I need it the most.
It's different this year.
And I love every second of it.

We sat on my couch.
The lights were dim.
You held me so tight.
I've never felt so safe.
You looked like an angel.
Maybe because you are my angel.
Our faces were close together.

"Jane," he breathed.
"Yeah?" I whispered back.
"I love you," he said and held me tighter.

I was in shock for a few seconds but got it together.

"I love you," he said. "I love you, I love you, I love you."

He had a tear come down his cheek.
I had never felt so cared for.
So... loved.
It was amazing.
Him holding me, I felt everything was right.
He was right.
That I loved him with my whole heart.
And his heart was mine, and mine his.
It felt perfect.
Complete bliss.
It was the greatest gift anyone could ever ask for.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment