I went to a sweet 16 yesterday.
I felt weird for some reason.
Not myself.
We went to the mall.
She said she'd seen you before there, so I kept my eyes wide open.
I obviously didn't tell anyone about it, but I watched.
I hoped that you would walk by a store and I would catch your eye and we could just talk.
Or that you'd hug me and tell me you missed me.
Or kiss me.
I wasn't going to admitt to that but whatever.
I think you've moved on though.
That hurts...
I don't know why you're taking so long to get over.
Every time I write it's about you.
And I hate that.
But if I don't write down what I feel I won't have anything to remember.
But as someone would call my name I'd snap back out of my little dream and wake up.
Waking up is the hardest part.
"When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part
You roll outta bed and down on your knees
And for a moment you can hardly breathe"
John Mayer, Dreaming With a Broken Heart
No comments:
Post a Comment