Awkward doesn't come close to how I was feeling earlier today.
It's his cousin.
He shouldn't be remotely attracted to me.
Because I'm off limits.
It's not only a guy thing, but especially a family thing.
But they're famous.
And a weird factoid: they are all the same.
They wear Nike t-shirts, nice shoes, play basketball, can listen to one conversation while talking in another, make the same facial expressions, have the same body type, same personal characteristics, like the same music, but most of all, the boys sure know how to treat a girl.
He just rubbed my arm, and told me everything was going to be okay.
I haven't had a boy do that and really mean it in years.
It was refreshing.
But I made it clear it was a bad idea if you tried anything.
And you really didn't.
Maybe a little.
But you were kidding around.
But I'd look at your face, see his, and feel awkward.
My mind and heart both know how bad and wrong that would be.
I can feel it now.
Just wrong.
But they're all the same.
And man do I fit in nicely....
God dammit.
I can't win sometimes.
But man that family is sexy...
College, I'm excited for you.
But boy are my walls up and gated shut at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment