Irony.

Irony.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Hereafter

What happens when we die.
What happens to us?
What happens to the memories?
What happens to my soul?
What happens to the people we love?
I think we all know what that is like.
When I was eleven my baby cousin died of liver cancer.
I knew of the feeling even then.
I would deal much differently now obviously.
But it stuns me.
Death is like a wakeup call.
And it stuns me because people don't take it as one.
But it should be.
Death is basically saying, listen, you only have so long to live.
So live your life.
Actual live it.
Go out and taste different food, smell different smells, love like crazy.
Because who knows when it's all over.
I've always thought I'd die young.
I don't know why.
Maybe because I'm was scared of it.
Or because I watched my cousin die.
Or because I'm watching my friend Luke die as I type.
I don't know.
All I know is that everyone should strive to be happy.
Everyone should strive to have a great life.
To be proud of who you are.
Love like tomorrow is the end of the world.
Be proud of what you've become.
Because what lies hereafter isn't up to us.
It's up to Him.
I'm not too religious but I should start trying to be.
Because in all reality, nothing else really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment